Two years ago I started learning memory verses as a part of the Memory Verse Team that Beth Moore started on her blog. It has been an amazing way to hear God speak to me through His Word. I decided to ask my friends and family if they will join me in learning new verses this year. On the 1st and 15th of each month we will learn a new verse. I have found that telling my friends about my memory verses is a way to help me keep my commitment to learn a new verse every two weeks. Please share your verse with us by commenting on this blog.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 1 Memory Verse

With all the excitement in our family about the wedding of our good friend, Kara, and my daughter, Meredith I am late on posting my memory verse for June 1. I have chosen a very familiar passage about love for this month in honore of all weddings.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3, TNIV
And yet I will show you the most excellent way.
If I speak in human or angelic tongues, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment