Two years ago I started learning memory verses as a part of the Memory Verse Team that Beth Moore started on her blog. It has been an amazing way to hear God speak to me through His Word. I decided to ask my friends and family if they will join me in learning new verses this year. On the 1st and 15th of each month we will learn a new verse. I have found that telling my friends about my memory verses is a way to help me keep my commitment to learn a new verse every two weeks. Please share your verse with us by commenting on this blog.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Memory verse for 3/1/12

Last night I went to an organ recital and we sang the CN hymn, God of Beauty, Truth, and Goodness. It was beautiful and I was reminded again why I am here. Sometimes I wonder if I am in the right place that God has for me. I get discouraged or worried about all the problems I see. But then when I least expect it, the reasons I am here are clear and I know this is right. My verse is one about the inheritance that we have been given and how he will keep me secure.

Psalms 16:5-6
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment