Two years ago I started learning memory verses as a part of the Memory Verse Team that Beth Moore started on her blog. It has been an amazing way to hear God speak to me through His Word. I decided to ask my friends and family if they will join me in learning new verses this year. On the 1st and 15th of each month we will learn a new verse. I have found that telling my friends about my memory verses is a way to help me keep my commitment to learn a new verse every two weeks. Please share your verse with us by commenting on this blog.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Memory Verse for 1/1/11

Here is my first verse for the new year. I chose this verse because it encourages me to keep on living my life in Christ and to do it thankfully. 

Colossians 2: 6-7, TNIV
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Posted by Karen Milligan

4 comments:

  1. Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards.
    Song of Solomon 2:15 NIV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I posted before I finished the verse. And now the book is called Song of Songs


    Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
    Song of Songs 2:15 NIV

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love"
    1 John 4:18

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."
    Jeremiah 33:3

    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete