Two years ago I started learning memory verses as a part of the Memory Verse Team that Beth Moore started on her blog. It has been an amazing way to hear God speak to me through His Word. I decided to ask my friends and family if they will join me in learning new verses this year. On the 1st and 15th of each month we will learn a new verse. I have found that telling my friends about my memory verses is a way to help me keep my commitment to learn a new verse every two weeks. Please share your verse with us by commenting on this blog.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Memory Verse for 2/11

I am a little early on this one, but I have more time to do this on Sunday afternoon.

My verse this time was one that was quoted in a sermon by Dr. Timothy Keller. I have really enjoyed reading his books, The Prodigal God and Counterfeit Gods. The verse was a familiar one to me and comes in Ecclesiastes after the long list of "There is a time for . . . " It spoke to me in several ways. One was the the thought that God will make us beautiful - it is a process that we can't understand now but we will in eternity.

Ecceliastes 3:11 TNIV
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Please post yours in a comment.

1 comment:

  1. These beautiful words help me worship.
    O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirst for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
    Psalm 63:1-4
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete